Alkaline Diet Recipes
Salads: Chinese-Style Cucumber Salad
Apart from being alkaline and very low in calories, cucumbers have several other health benefits, e.g. potassium helps with high and low blood pressure and the erepsin content helps to digest protein.
Cucumbers are also said to help in kidney, urinary bladder, liver as well as pancreatic disease.
Enjoy this healthy alkalizing salad!
Ingredients for 4 side dishes
1 lb. fresh cucumber
4 cloves of garlic
3 tbsp. sesame seed oil
Pinch of salt and pepper
1. Pour the oil into a bowl and add a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix well.
2. Mince the garlic and add to bowl. Mix again.
3. Wash the cucumbers, cut in halves and then in thin slices.
4. Put the slices into the bowl and mix well together.
5. Leave in fridge for at least 10 minutes before serving.
6. Finish! Enjoy ;-)
Many thanks to Meg from Boston, MA for sharing this delicious alkaline recipe!
You're not sure which foods are alkaline and which are acid-forming to your body pH level? Then simply check our acid-alkaline food chart to learn more about the food you eat.
Do you know any alkaline recipes which you would like to share with us?
We would love to add them to our Alkaline Recipe Database.
Please contact us any time. Thank you so much for your contribution!!