Acidic & Acid Forming Foods
An unhealthy diet, high in acidic foods (e.g. dairy, meat, bread, high sugar fruits), causes acid wastes to build up in the body. When these acid wastes enter the blood stream, the blood system tries to dispose of these wastes. That means if there are too many wastes to handle they are deposited in vital organ systems like the heart, pancreas, liver, colon and other locations.
When people ingest too many acid forming or acidic foods, excess acid corrodes tissues and organs, which leads to illness. In addition, acid also provides a favourable environment for harmful bacteria and other micro organism that can damage glands and organs.
In other words, the over-acidification of our body cells (acidosis) will interrupt and disturb cellular activities and functions. It is the root of all sickness and disease. And it is also what causes overweight; to protect itself from potentially serious damage, the body creates new fat cells to store the extra acid*.
All leading biochemists and micro biologists have recognized pH (pH scale or the acid alkaline balance) as the most important aspect of a balanced and healthy body. The maintenance of pH balance in our tissues and cells is critical to cellular health. Contrary to a healthy alkaline diet, an unhealty diet including too much acidic food creates a condition favourable to the growth of bacteria, yeast and other unwanted organisms.
Unhealthy acidic and acid forming foods are, for instance, nuts (cashew nuts, brazil nuts, butter, peanuts, peanut butter, pecan), animal protein (beef, clams, lamb, mussels, lobster, oysters, pork, rabbit, salmon, shrimps, tuna, ham, sausage), white pasta (noodles, macaroni, spaghetti), dairy products (cheese of any kind, milk, butter), alcohol, beans (kidney beans, red beans, lentils, peas).
Here are some simple strategies that can help to remove the acid wastes inside the body:
- Eliminate dairy products and replace milk with soy or almond milk.
- Eliminate red meat and reduce the portion size of any fish, chicken or turkey.
- Consider using wraps to wrap your veggies and salads; sprouted tortilla wraps or organic flour tortillas are great to use; don't use corn wraps.
- Take extra virgin olive oil along with flax seed oil, as often as you can.
- Use bread with no or very little yeast.
- Add green food, tomatoes, avocados, cucumbers, zucchini, other vegetables, almonds, salmon or soba noodles, sunflower, pumpkin or sesame seeds to your salad.
- Try to not consume processed food or if you do, limit it.
- Eat big salads as a whole meal.
- Try to eliminate soda, coffee, tea, etc. and drink alkalizing, energizing and oxygenating green sprouts powder drinks, together with alkaline water.
Get more Information about Alkaline forming and Alkalizing foods
Get Information about Symptoms of Acidosis
Get Information about The New Biology and pH Miracle by Dr. Young
Get Information about Alkaline Nutritional Supplements
Potentially Hazardous Food is a term used by food safety organizations to classify foods that require time-temperature control to keep them safe for human consumption. A PHF is a food that (…) is neutral to slightly acidic - typically having a pH between 4.6 and 7.5.
Acidosis is an increased acidity (i.e. an increased hydrogen ion concentration). If not further qualified, it refers to acidity of the blood plasma. Generally, acidosis is said to occur when arterial pH falls below 7.35, while its counterpart (alkalosis) occurs at a pH over 7.45. Arterial blood gas analysis and other tests are required to separate the main causes. (Source: Wikipedia)