Kale is one of the best alkaline superfoods with one of the highest values of alkalinity. Kale can be consumed raw or cooked with or without any other foods along. Kale is rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin K and Vitamin C and is a powerful anti-oxidant. Let us look into few health benefits of consuming Kale:
1. Weight-loss aid: Consuming raw Kale on a daily basis in the morning as a post-workout smoothie or juice would help in losing weight quickly. Due to its ability to effectively neutralize acids the numerous nutrients of Kale get absorbed by the body faster than any other food.
2. Metabolism booster: Metabolism is needed in the body for maintaining the weight in the body. As we grow older, the metabolism rate could go down due to age and lifestyle changes. Kale, being a green leafy vegetable, can be a great metabolism booster. By maintaining a high metabolism rate it is possible to lose weight faster in a very healthy way.
3. Anti-inflammatory: Kale being a food with high anti-oxidant properties can prevent the body from inflammation. Inflammation causes myriad of diseases from cancer to diabetes. Due to its high alkalinity kale is able to prevent free radicals from spreading thereby preventing the body from inflammation.
4. Liver detox: Kale is an excellent liver detox. Following any liver related diseases, Kale can help in rejuvenating the liver by detoxifying the enzymes in liver.
5. Protein-rich: Not only tofu, tempeh and soy are great sources of protein. Kale would be an excellent source of plant protein that can help as a good substitute for carbohydrates.
6. Immune booster: Kale being anti-inflammatory and green-leafy is boosting the red blood cells in the blood. It also helps in balancing the white blood cells thereby enhancing the immunity.
So, from today, add Kale to your list of alkaline foods.